|The Ar 196 was one of the effectivst and most used little flying boats
in WWII. The Ar 196 was introduced in 1939 for the german navy and was on
most of the great german warships. Beeing very nimble and heavy armed it
was also used for martime patrols and reconnaissance purposes. Later it was
not only used in Küstenstaffeln it saw also service on german merchant
ships for scouting enemy war ships.
The Ar 196 was mainly made of metall, only the stern was covered with fabric. With little bombs mounted below the wings it was used for anit U-boat patrols. The Ar 196 was also built in the France and the Netherlands and a total of 493 planes were produced.
|Ar 196 A||Reconnaissance plane|
Data for the: Ar 196 A
|Power:||1 x 900 PS|
|Armament:||2 x MG/FF|
|1 x MG 17|
|2 x 50 kg Bombe|