Heinkel He 60
|The He 60 A was constructed in 1933 following a demand for a reconaissance
plane which could also be used on batlleships. Despite good fligth performance
the prototypes were steadlily improved until end of 1933 the He 60 A was
released for production. The A type was followed shortly by the types He
60 B and He 60 C.
The production of the plane was split in 1935 between the companies Heinkel, Arado and Weser. In 1936 the double seated flying boat was in use in nearly all Küstenfliegergruppen. The He 60 D was built by Weser with an MG 17 to the front. the other types had a MG 15 for the co-pilot.
6 He 60 E were delivered to the spanish nationalists from Heinkel. Arado and Weser built 100 planes in total, whith some of them in service until 1943.
|He 60 A||Reconnaissance plane|
Data for the: He 60 A
|Motor:||BMW VI 6,0 ZU|
|Armament:||1 x MG15|